What has blogging ever done for me?

After blogging for four years, it is a time to think about what it has done for the world.

Specifically, what has it done for me? and what has it done for you, the readers?

From the beginning I vowed my blog would not be a self serving form of therapy. I always wanted it to be of service to others. I also did not want it to be a diary of my life.

My intent was (and remains) to share the insights of alopecia and to make people smile through my reflections. If I could make people think differently that would be a bonus too.

What is has concretely done for me, is show me the power of writing. It has allowed me to access deeper thoughts and bring them to the surface and more importantly demonstrated that sharing these lines of thought can create a positive movement.

Over the past two years I have also spilled the art of writing into the work place. I write frequently to my team and colleagues, with fun corporate insights and reflections, often leaving a question at the end. It is very well received. People seem to love it and respond back frequently.

I am grateful for blogging teaching me how to spread love and optimism in the workplace.

So what has it done for you?

Well I guess that is for you to decide.

I do hope that at the very least it has entertained you, maybe even educated you about alopecia and in moments caused you to stop and think about your life choices.

Would love to hear from you........

No comments:

Post a Comment