Made possible by the community

This weekend my big girl turned 13.

What an event in the life of a child. What an event in the life of a parent!

She has had a tough year in many ways and I really wanted to make her birthday special. Which mummy doesn't eh?

A lot of thought and planning went into it and yet some how it was the simplest plan on earth. However it was the little things that made all the difference.

She ended up having a sleepover in a tent in the garden. No specific activities, no movies, no sophisticated menu, just spaghetti and an ice cream cake (which I have to confess is actually rather sophisticated and posh food in my mind).



That was it. Well at least for the first part.



The second part was a surprise, when a few friends came by for birthday tea.

What was the real surprise was the generosity, thoughtfulness and the warmth of the gifts. A Harry Potter cake indeed!!!!!!!!!  Yes the below picture is of a cake. Wow indeed!


They made her feel a million dollars and for that I will be forever grateful.



It was a wonderful day and made special by the community.
The community who made went to great lengths to plan a facetime call from her BFF in Canada, the community who sent videos with crazy singing to make us all laugh, the community who sent over perfect parcels with perfect presents and not forgetting, the all important family, who kindly and wonderfully hosted her little sister for the night so she could have a day of grown-upness!


I remember these words today "It takes a community to raise a child"



And one special moment I was not expecting was a gift to me.
My baby gave me this necklace!






I love you to the moon and back too my little angel.


Let's hope every day of the teenage years is as enjoyable as this one!!!!!!








1 comment: