Alopecia matters

I have recently joined an Alopecia society. I had never considered it before, but one day I woke up and thought I need to belong. Its quite an odd feeling to belong to a group of bald people, but there you have it. I now formally belong.

One of the members was looking for people to write poems on Alopecia for her book.
Poetry - errrrrrrr yuk!

Then I thought hang on, how can I support a fellow baldy! So here it is, my first (and probably last) attempt at poetry. Hope you enjoy it :-)


Having no hair does not matter
At least that is what I told myself
Having a heart matters
Having a life matters
Enjoying each day matters
I thought I was right
For many years.
Now I know I was wrong
Having no hair does matter
What you make of it matters
Understanding what you do have, matters
Making it matter, matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment