Olympic dreams

Like many, my family are also in full Olympic fever. This has never happened to us before, but boy are we embracing it now. We get up most mornings and see what has been happening in London whilst we were sleeping. After a full recap and a few hours watching the live activites, we review the next days events so we know what we can look forward to.

We are however a little confused about who to support as we were all born in different countries and live in a fifth, so we cheer on five nations proudly. Although I do have to declare that my eldest daughter has been caught routing for China, but I think that's down to their fancy swim suits!

We even found ourselves blubbering, when Canada got their first gold for trampolining. It was so emotional. A reaction that took us by surprise on many accounts.

The kids are loving it too. We now have conversations about what it takes to be an Olympian and whether any of us will ever make it! I am not sure my answers are fully informed, but the girls seem to accept them.

Watching people be at their personal best and unfortunately experience some personal lows is so heart wrenching. It is incredible viewing, with a whole lot of morales.

So with a few days left to go. Go team Canada! Germany! Team GB! CH! Belgium! And ...........China!

Keep inspiring us and teaching us and who knows, maybe one of my girls, may have had a seed planted, for living their own Olympic dreams!  An Olympic mum, I like the sound of that.

Now back to the 3m female diving finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment