Lemons

Lemons are my favorite edible object at the moment.
They are just so versatile.

Think lemon meringue pie
Think gin and tonic with a slice of lemon
Think white fish with lemon squeezed on top
I have even heard they are great cleaning agents, but can't say I know too much about that.

In the winter they are perfect for the cough and cold season. A squeezed lemon with a drop of honey. Soothing.

I even use their zest in pasta to con the kids into vitamin C
Think pancakes with sugar and freshly squeezed lemon
Think home made ice tea or lemonade
Lemon sorbet from Jamie Oliver's book is always a hit

I just cant get enough of them!

On a slight tangent, yesterday whilst cooking, I had a little helper. She took the lemon and started rolling it on the sideboard. I knew this was a good trick to ensure maximum juice when squeezing, but how had she picked it up. When prodded, she answered,  mum I learnt it on the " I can cook" kiddy program on the Internet.  Wow, I was impressed. May make me slightly loosen up my technology restrictions.

So there you have it. Lemons are fantastic!
They are healthy, cheap, versatile, durable and downright yummy.

So if you don't have a stack in that bottom drawer of the fridge, I recommend you go buy yourself a net.  See what you can do with them and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment