To love is to grieve

As exciting it is to visit friends and family, as sad as it is to leave them.

We live thousands of miles from some our closest friends and although we make it a priority to see them at least once a year, the visits are often short and rushed. In those few precious hours, as much fun and favorite things are packed into the day as humanly possible.  The preparation and efforts from our hosts, which we so gladly receive, is often incredible.

The hours spent together are wonderful; they are filled with updates, exchanges and in the case of some really special friends, musical instruments and cocktails.

As I enjoy these precious moments, I know tomorrow will be hard. As the phrase goes "In order to love, one must be prepared to grieve." I know this and I don't care.

Dear friends, know that I grieve internally when I say goodbye, but know that I willingly do this, as the return is massive!

I am so lucky to have such wonderful people to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment